Wednesday 19 July 2017

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 7.


So I had another run at a lazy day with the weekend. My days just consisted of resting since it was difficult for me to fully recharge with all the sightseeing and among other things, since I got here. During my free time, I caught with some personal stuff, such as watching movies and writing. For dinner, on Saturday I went to G for Gelato. An Italian pizzeria joint known for making the best gelatos in the city. It is the kind of place where families, friends and couples usually go. That night, I was probably the only single guy in there. I was with no family, no friends or a girlfriend. Nonetheless I enjoyed myself when I tasted their fine gelatos. I had Kiwi-flavoured. It… was… awesome. If you’re ever feeling warm and have the need to cool down, I highly recommend going to this place and have a gelato.








For Sunday, I was in the mood for Indian food and decided to stop by at Bindia. An Indian restaurant just next to St. Lawrence Market. The restaurant itself and my Chicken Curry were not really special but it was adequate. The portions however were kind of small, so I had to order an extra bowl of rice to fulfil my appetite.



This is another boring entry. I know. But I’ve known that I would days like these. But this will probably be my last boring entry. My first day consisted of mostly grocery shopping for items I needed while I was staying at my bnb. I pretty much a stapler from Staplers to help keep all of my paper work together. Then I bought some food from Nofrills, a supermarket from across the street, with my host, who also needed to go grocery shopping. The next day just consisted of myself going to Rainbow Cinemas, a cinema in my area, and watched War For the Planet of the Apes for a measly five dollars. Which was dirt cheap for a cinema that was already better than Monterey Cinemas back home. However, tickets only cost five dollars on Tuesdays. Anyways, the movie itself was another fantastic addition to the franchise. It could be argued that the film is good as or better than Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A rare occasion when the third instalment is the best in the series, the only films like that comes to my mind is The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, The Return of the King, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. After the movie, I convinced myself to go and eat some Russian food at the Loaded Pierogi. It is a Russian-Canadian restaurant that served some pretty tasty pierogis. I had boiled pierogi with Kimchi. Whether or not the Kimchi was authentic, it didn’t bother me. What bothered me was that it was a rather small meal. Luckily, I was feeling really hungry at the time. And there you have it. I think this is the part where I have pretty much wasted, not only my time, but also yours. Oh boy.

Also, see Chapters 6 and 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment