Monday, 10 July 2017

'A Tree in Water: My Journey From Aotearoa to The Great White North' Chapter 5.


Yeah! This was the day I reunited with another familiar face – my old Disney roommate, Adrian. I spent a good deal with him and we got to catch up after two years. We managed to have lunch at a Thai restaurant not too far from my bnb. The first time in two years, we had good time without the typical Disney Internship lifestyle interfering. We mostly talked about what we’d been up to since we last saw each other, which I must admit wasn’t in the best situation. But when we started to talk about topics such as the meaning of the penmanship of the author, it made us forget about Disney. I felt right at home. I missed having debates and conversations with him, even I would lose in our debates most of the times, but it’s nonetheless enjoyable and intellectually stimulating. Anyways, it was nice to reunite with him and, I believe, we’ve just opened a new chapter in our friendship. Which I hope will last and be more fruitful than our brief time at Disney. Later that day, I strolled around the city for about three hours of non-stop walking. I went past some pretty familiar places. I finally ended up at Dundas Square and watched Baby Driver at the Cineplex Cinemas. Cinema culture here, like the United States, makes the cinemas back home look like a shit dump.















































Oh yeah, this happened too. I happened to stumble upon a tv shoot for the show Designated Survivor at St. Lawrence Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment